Summer Camp Work in Canada
Welcome to Camps Canada, where you will be able to fulfill some of your dreams at once: travel through and discover many of the beauties and wonders Canada has to offer, work in a fun, intense and joyful atmosphere, be in direct contact with nature in the Canadian wilderness and meet cool people from all over the world. We offer mainly 4 different type of placements according to each program’s nature and the required responsibilities and skills needed for each. Camp Counselor in Canada – Program Area Coach – Support Staff – Outdoor Educational Center Specialist. No matter which type of placement, you will end up going through a great learning process and will gain lots of experience mentoring children and youth, leading projects and activities, organizing, communicating and problem solving. If you come from a non-english speaking country and you are interested in practicing & improving your english fluency and confidence in speaking it, there is nothing like getting completely immersed into a fun and relax atmosphere such as at camp. Without a doubt, your cultural baggage and soft skills will boost and reinforce your character. No matter if you have little experience so far, as you will receive detailed orientation and you will get prepared with an intense training that will get you tuned up and all set for a magnificent summer work experience in Canada.
Due to the immigration restrictions from the Canadian Government, we are only allowed to process applications and offer placements to individuals who are from one of the countries listed as follows:
- Andorra, Australia, Austria
- Belgium, Bulgaria
- Croatia, Cypress, Czech Republic
- Finland, France
- Greece, Germany
- Iceland, Ireland, Italy
- Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg
- Malta, Mexico, Monaco
- Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway
- Poland, Portugal
- San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia
- Switzerland, Spain, Sweden,
- United States of America & United Kingdom
If you do not hold a passport from any of these listed countries, please refrain from applying as there is nothing we can do to help you obtain a Summer Work placement in Canada.
For our Summer Placement programs, you will need:
- To be available to attend training during the last week of June.
- To be available to stay in Canada and perform at a Summer Camp for at least eight weeks (July & August).
- To be at least 19 years old by July 1st, and maximum 29 years old.
- To obtain a Working Holiday Permit.
- Present a Non criminal record check.
- To present a passport from one of the listed countries.
- To present a medical report certifying you are in good physical shape and mentaly stable.
- To be mentally stable and have endurance to perform continously for many hours during a 2 month period of time.
- To be able to speak english fluently.
The main characteristics that we are looking for in our participants are:
- Children / youth oriented
- Eager to learn & experience other cultures.
- Open to share and learn.
- Self secure and capable of leading group dynamics.
- Responsible and aware of safety.
- Interested in spending time in the wilderness, in contact with nature and without access to screens.
- Enthusiastic and willing to sing, play, run, swim, scream, and play goofy roles.
Positions Available and their Main roles
Spring & Fall Session Outdoor Education Center Specialist.
Benefits of applying with Camps Canada
Different Type of Camps
- There is a century-long tradition of summer camping in Canada. As remote and traditional as the camping cultures that exist in Russia and the USA.
- Every single summer camp that we deal with is an active member of their corresponding Provincial Camping Association and in most cases of the Canadian Camping Association too.
- All camps comply with all standard safety measures and they all provide comfortable lodging premises and top quality equipment and materials.
- Summer camps vary in terms of size, program focus, capacities, sessions length and the population sector they attend.
- Most of the campsites also operate as Outdoor Education Centers during the rest of the year.
- Therefor, there are plenty of options available, and we will surely find the best placement for you according to your profile and interests.
In any case, Mother Nature will be your office for next summer. Work in the Canadian Forests!
There are close to a thousand summer campsites Canada-wide. About a third of them are located within the province of Ontario, where there is a strong tradition for university students to Work in the outdoors with children during their summer break; many others are scattered across the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec, mainly.
Most of the campsites are located in remote areas, deep in the forest. Although most of them have phone lines and nternet access, however the possibility of connecting and sitting in front of a screen is limited.
Some Common Questions
Drama & Theatre
- Photo & Video Workshops
- Scenic Arts
- Football (American)
- Football (Soccer)
- Arts & Crafts
It is possible to extend your placement for a total of 10 weeks during the summer time.
Also, we offer placements for the spring and the fall at different Outdoor Education Centres.
There are 2 different options:
- Working Holiday Visa
- Temporary Work Permit
In any case, you will not be required to visit any Canadian Consulate. Our central office staff will assist you during the whole process and guide you through the paperwork via email.
We will pick you up at the airport and will also drive you to your designated campsite.
With it, you will be covering:
- Full Room & Board during the full length of your placement.
- Transfer to and from the Airport.
- Medical Insurance.
- Work Permit.
- Administrative Fee.
- Application Deposit.
Besides the total fee of $400, you should also consider the cost of your round trip flight to Canada and any other personal expenses.
As support staff, you can expect an additional CAN$ 200.
If you have a Life Guard certificate, you can expect CAN$ 100 extra.
If you perform during the spring and / or Fall sessions, you can expect CAN $200 plus / month.
If we believe it would be feasible for you to take part in the program, we will invite you for a first interview.
The interview consists of a 20 minute skype chat. During the interview we will get to know you a bit better and provide you with further details. Also, it will be your opportunity to provide us with information in regards to you top choices and preferences and to ask any questions you might have.
Upon a successful interview, we will send your file to our central office from where it will be distributed to many Camp Directors.
In case you withdraw from the application process, the deposit will NOT be refunded.
So, you can count with our help and support from the very beginning and until the moment you finish your placement and head back home or rather when you get started with your travel plans across Canada.
I had a fantastic time in Canada. I learnt quite a few things, met really awesome people and really got to enjoy the beauty of nature. It was a great pause from the ordinary world routines and I can truly say that despite being long hours and intense work, it did not feel like I was working, but rather getting payed to play around. John Cramer - Scotland
The application process was smooth, the training was fun, the senior staff were corteous and knowledgable, and those two months in British Columbia marked one of my favourite summers ever.Maggie Rosenthal - Ireland
I liked it a lot. I am from Madrid, which is a big crowded city, and this opportunity to be somewhat isolated, surrounded by trees and water made me feel great. To breathe the clean fresh air while paddling was one of the things I most enjoyed. Also the good friends I met, and with whom I hope we will keep in contact for the years to come.Lorenzo Marsano - Spain
For me, the adventure of camping was at the beggining a bit scary, but as soon I stepped out of the plane, I got really confident. My 8 weeks placement was tyring, but very rewarding. The girls in my cabin groups were all adorable.Ana Guanais - Portugal